Meal for the day before a race
A spicy sweet protein boost
Ingredients (will feed 3 large appetites):
- 1 bag of carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 butternut squash (deseeded, peeled and chopped)
- 1 med potato (washed and chopped)
- 1 cup of raw quinoa (rinsed)
- 1tsp marjoram
- 1tsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1 veg stock cube
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Put all ingredients except the coconut milk in a large saucepan and add water until just covering the veg.
- Bring to a boil and cook until veg are soft.
- Blend till smooth
- Add coconut milk and bring soup back up to a simmer.
- Serve with bread if you want extra carbs.
By Denyse King