After a busy and successful year for Pompey Tri, much fun and frolics were had at the end of season party & awards held on Saturday 30th December!
There was cake, there was dancing and there were lots of Hawaiian Garlands! Must have been something to do with the nautical/Hawaii Kona theme, which proved very popular indeed!
For those that were unable to make it and as a reminder to those who did, here are a few pictures of the night and a list of the official Portsmouth Triathletes Award Winners 2019!
Female Triathlete of the Year: Kelly Stokes
(Photo to follow)
Male Triathlete of the Year: Michael Hawkes
Best Personal Achievement: Alexandra Hemingway
Most Improved: Darin McCloud
(Photo to follow)
Supporter of the year: James Douglas
Volunteer of the year: Rachael Fair
(Photo to follow)
Sportsmanship Award: Jo Lovell
Spirit Award: Elliot Webber
Golden Goggles: Sarah King
Male Cross Country athlete of the year: Dan Marshman
Female Cross Country athlete of the year: Sian Hawkes
Cake – the fourth discipline of triathlon
The AGM will again this year feature our famous Bake Off! Bring a plate of home-baked goods (labelled with what they are and contain but not who baked them) and we will ask the assembled triathletes to taste and vote for their favourite cake – purely for fun but obviously deadly serious!
Please come and support the event. We need at least 10% of membership present (that’s nearly 60 people!) to be able to hold this meeting which will decide vital next steps for the club and of course who has won the bake off! On that note, bring a plate of caked goods or just come as a ‘judge’ – the choice is yours!
Remember, this is not just an AGM, this is the Pompey Tri Club, superbly smooth, no faffing about AGM running efficiently by our esteemed leader giving us plenty of time to chat, and of course eat cake!
When & Where
Where: Blue Lagoon Club, Hilsea Lido
When: Friday 8th November 2019 @ 7pm
Have you got your ticket yet?
The South Central Triathlon Awards were held on the 22nd October 2019 with Portsmouth Triathletes named winners of the South Central Club of the year!
Chairman Alex Higgins attended to accept the award along with committee members Louise Miller, Alex Campell and Lesley Quiney
The club will now be put forward for the Triathon England National Awards which will be held on the 9th November 2019!
Well done Tribe! and good luck on November the 9th!!
Triathlon returned to Southsea in 2019 when Portsmouth Triathletes hosted the 2019 Portsmouth Triathlon.
We had a glorious sunny day for it with competitors taking part in Sprint and Olympic distances. We would like to thank all the competitors and marshalls that made the event such a success.
A full list of results can be found here
- 1st Antony MacSwayne
- 2nd Colin Field
- 3rd Laurence Milburn
- 1st Natalie Lawrence
- 2nd Sophie Weguelin
- 3rd Helen Williams
Portsmouth Triathletes are proud to be hosting the Portsmouth Triathlon 2019.
Entries are available for Sprint and Olympic distances for both members and non-members of British Triathlon. Team entries also available.
The newest edition of the Portsmouth Triathletes Newsletter is making its way to your inbox so keep your eyes peeled!
This month you can enjoy:
- The usual greeting from club chairman Alex Higgins
- A new recipe – Vegan Sun-dried Tomato Burgers – Yum!
- Race Report: IoW Randonee – 55k or 100k
- Updates on the current club backed training and events
The Newsletter is now managed by the very lovely Helen, deadline for submissions is 25th of each month. Please email submissions to email@example.com
January 2019 Newsletter has been sent to you.
- Spring Duathlon at Goodwood – News and Volunteers request
- Portsmouth Triathlon – Save the date!
- Please read carefully – Important documents about your club
- Club Kit – Last units
- Meet the Members
- To-Do List – 31 ways to have fun
- SCCL – Cross Country League
- Junior Section Update
- Recipe of the Month
- Training Sessions / Events
- Club Backed Events – Ironman Vichy and Swanage Triathlon Festival
Please direct any questions you may have to me and I will be in touch with you as soon as I can.
Why not start the year with some fun goals to help keep you motivated and so you achieve more in 2019, while being supportive and social with your club?
- Do a triathlon;
- Complete 5 km in one of the triathlon disciplines;
- Complete 10 km in one of the triathlon disciplines;
- Complete 21 km in one of the triathlon disciplines;
- Volunteer at your club event;
- Volunteer at a sea swim session;
- Bake for your tribe;
- Complete a sportive;
- Learn some basic (or not so basic) bike maintenance;
- Support someone else at an event;
- Watch a sunrise whilst swimming, cycling or running;
- Watch a sunset whilst swimming, cycling or running;
- Arrange a fun activity with your tribe;
- Do something that scares you;
- Run in another county or country;
- Swim in a lido;
- Wild swim – safely 😉 ;
- Run on a sports track;
- Do an aquathlon;
- Complete a brick session: Swim to run;
- Complete a brick session: Bike to run;
- Run cross-country;
- Get to grips with cleats;
- Complete a 3-hour turbo session;
- Join a beach clean
- Complete a naked race (watch free!);
- Complete a skins swim;
- Go on a swimming, cycling or running adventure;
- Race your heart out, at least once;
- Surprise yourself;
- Celebrate (with) your tribe.
Let’s see who can finish this list first? Once you finish, add your comments to this list and send it to Comms@portsmouthtriathletes.co.uk and we will contact you back to hear the full story.