(this recipe produces 3 large servings)
This dish is warming and rich – it can be eaten hot or cold so it’s perfect all year round
- 1 tin butter beans
- 1 chopped courgette
- 2 grated carrots
- 500g passatta
- 1 tbsp mushroom ketchup
- 4 dried apricots – halved
- 8 whole pitted dates (give them a squish to make sure they really are stone free)
- handful of raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp each of dried ginger and basil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mint sauce
Combine in a pot and cover.
Cook at over med heat stirring occasionally until courgette cooked though – approx. 20 mins or put this in a slow cooker in the morning and leave it set to low
Serve on lemon and poppy seed couscous which is super simple to make
- Per person mix 100g dried couscous with 1tsp poppyseed in a bowl
- Then add 1tbsp lemon juice and pour boiling water over mixture until it is approx. 2 cm above the top of the couscous.
- Cover, wait until all the water is absorbed and then it’s ready to eat.
By Denyse King